Bacon and Egg Toast Cups
Unsalted butter, room temperature
12 slices sandwich bread
6 whole rashers of bacon
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
12 small eggs
salt and pepper
1) Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced).
2) In a large skillet or frying pan, cook bacon over medium heat. Under-cook slightly, the bacon will continue to cook once in the oven.
3) Trim the bread of all crusts and lightly butter one side.
4) Gently press into each muffin cup (12 cup tin). There will be pointing bits sticking up (see end product picture above).
5) Lay one bacon slice into each cup (on side around edge of circle) and sprinkle with a pinch of shredded cheese.
6) Crack one egg into each cup and season with salt and pepper, to taste, then bake until the egg whites are just set, about 15- 20 minutes.
7) Run a knife around cups to loosen and serve immediately.
Delicious and so easy to make!